Thursday, June 22, 2006

First win for the Turbo's!

Last night we played our second pre-season game against our neighbor's, the wairarapa busch team and we've got our first win for the seaon! Our team's official name for the NPC season is the "Manawatu Turbo's" and last night we needed more than just our turbo's to register the win. It was a very hard, physical game and we've had a long, tough week behind us, but we managed to pull through and won 26-19. At the end it was two very good tries from consecutive kick offs that sealed the game for us. Well deserved, if I must say so myself! :)
Personally i think my game went okay, i cant elaborate any more than a "just ok" cause sometimes you get surprised when you analyse your game. Dont think it went badly, it's just..i'll be able to tell by means of team selection. By next week wednesday we will know who is in the team for the Northlands game (another warm-up game). Until then it's head down and keep on going forward!
The other good news was that my ribs didnt bother me that much and I played the whole 80min without any discomfort, i was tired at the end as it was my first game in 3 weeks. I need to make sure that i keep on playing each w-end from no on in to get back my match fitness!
We are playing our last club this w-end (thats if you make the NPC team) and we having the 70's theme party afterwards at the Cobb & Co, am lookin forward to it, will take some pic's and put in on the blog!
Latest news just in is the following: There is snow on the mountain range surrounding Palmerston North and the wind is FREEZING cold, oh how i love this place! :)
cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bertie. kry jy my smse wat ek stuur. ek kry joune dan reply ek. wilnet weet . hier gat dit goed , kan nie kla nie, net sleg verloor teen die franse. ek sal jou sien in wellington.ek kry 2 kaartjies, dis joune , verniet.mooi bly. God bless
albert